Savonlinna

Savonlinna

Monday, March 31, 2014

T-minus 7....

I can't believe that I only have ONE week left! This time has snuck up on me, and I've decided that I'm not counting down the time until I leave, I'm making the most of my time left by reminding myself how short it is. And even though my computer is so slow, it takes hours to blog, who needs sleep anyway?? :)

This weekend we had Saarika's family over and it was so nice to see them again and spend time together. We just relaxed, ate food, and chatted, played games, ect, but it was a nice time together.
And yesterday we celebrated my friend Eva's (trip to Lapland) birthday by eating! Flashback to our fabulous trip:

Me, Santa, Zofie, Eva
And today was another great day! I have two more days of clinical left (tomorrow and wednesday!!), and it looks like this new place will be very interesting. It's an elderly home, but not a nursing home. More like assisted living. There is a nurse on hand that helps with medications, but the residents all have their own apartments. Some need help with cleaning and getting ready, but they are all mobile and can take of themselves for the most part. They even have a sauna there! I spent the morning doing the ladies' hair as they came out of the sauna. I learned that I should stick to nursing and not go into hairdressing. I'm really, really bad at curlers!

In the afternoon, I filled pill boxes. For hours. If I never see another stack of empty pill boxes and dozens and dozens of medicine bottles, I will be happy (at least for a month). It gave me a headache. But it was a good challenge to help me remember what all the medications are for.

In the evening I took a walk around Savonlinna, again to the castle, and just soaking up every moment. I dont' want to forget how beautiful it is here.



When I got home, Leena and I had such a good chat for over an hour (me sitting on the floor in my room), solving all of life's problems. I love talking to her. We always have so much to say and time flies by. I will definitely miss these moments when we are sitting on the bed, or in the sauna, talking about what matters most to us and what problems and stressors we currently have in our lives. I was surprised by how quickly we shared some of our deepest thoughts, and I will treasure these moments with her. I will miss her for sure when I am gone :(



No comments:

Post a Comment