Savonlinna

Savonlinna

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Shopping Spree!!!

To be honest, I haven't done all that much shopping here. I hadn't really been into that many stores either. I realized last week that that had to change. I got done with clinical a little early today, and had two hours to kill before meeting my nursing instructor for a final evaluation.

Clearly I spent my 2 hours very well :)


The meeting with my professor was a little sad, mostly because she asked me to sum up what I learned, experienced, ect, what I loved, what was hard, and so on. I realized that even though things were rough, (I didn't always have the clinical placements I wanted, it was hard to communicate with patients), I would not have changed any of it. It all was to my benefit and they built upon each other. I am extremely grateful that I got to do this. I have opened my eyes more so than ever before to people of different cultures and backgrounds, and I think I will be a better nurse because of it.

Me and Sirkka
She was so sweet, and even bought me this cute mug to remind me of Finland. (These are cartoon characters that are HUGE over here!)


This evening my American friend Aaron and I went out to dinner, to celebrate me going home. He's been a good friend to me, especially on those days where I've needed to rant about things here, or talk about what I miss from America. He's been here for over a year already, so he totally gets all those emotions. We've had a good time together, and we enjoyed being able to slip into our "American phrases" as Leena likes to call strange metaphors and phrases that we have.

Some of the fun things we've done:
Playing cards...
Seeing the National Ballet perform with the local chillens;

And so, another day has suddenly slipped away!




No comments:

Post a Comment